Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
😀 Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- Bayside Seniors Festival Launch. BCC Festival will kick off with a morning tea with entertainment by news expert Mal Walden and comedian Monica Dullard. Mal will talk about his experiences of retirement and his reflections on ageing well. We have a couple of tables for 16 SLAC members to sit together at this launch and if you would like to be in it, please contact Maree Webb by email firstname.lastname@example.org and Maree will put your name down and be in touch to confirm. This is a free event! Date & Time: Thursday 4 October, 9.20 am – 12.00 pm. Where: The International of Brighton, 81 Bay Street, Brighton
- Yoga Dance Classes restarting on Wednesday 26 September at 10.30 am – 12.30 pm Linda is back from her holidays and will start classes for 10 weeks from 26 September. As part of her break up north, Linda had 6 weeks of Yoga with her Yoga Guru in Queensland which reactivated her appreciation for this wonderful practice. Linda has been a dance teacher for over 20 years and a yoga teacher for 16 years and both are very precious to her. Linda says one enables engagement in the joy of moving freely while the other cultivates stillness and peace within. Linda is offering the Dance class as usual from 10.30 am from one hour and then a more developed Yoga stretch based on breathing deeply into chosen floor postures to facilitate a spacious body and mind. The final 15 minutes will be deep relaxation which ends the class. Any enquiries to Linda on 0412 390 302 or email@example.com Not everybody will have time for the full 2 hour class and people may choose to leave after the first section, however those who want to stretch are invited to stay on until 12.30 pm.
- Photography Group. Larry Finn has volunteered to start a new group for members who love to use their camera. Larry is a very keen and accomplished photographer and has had his photos used in the background for TV weather news. If you are interested in photography and whether you are a wiz at taking photos or would like to improve your skills, this is the chance to join with others and have fun using your camera. The format for the group is in the planning stages and Larry would like to discuss this with you to see what would work for group members. Please give Larry a call on 9580 8915 or 0413 040 837 for a chat about this. A notice will go up on the board in the hall for members who don’t have email about this new Photography Group.
- Activity Ideas. Some new activities have been suggested such as: 1. A Travel Group, 2. Theatre Group, 3. Film Group or 4. Canasta. If you have an interest in joining or helping convene any of these groups or have suggestions for other activities, please speak to Barry on 0418 339 274 or Maree on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI