Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & Crazy Whist & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- Fashion Showing, Thursday 21st September, 1.30 pm – 3.30 pm at Moorabbin NG Wishart Senior Citizens Club, 964 Nepean Highway, Moorabbin Blumes will be displaying their Summer Collection with no items above $59.99. So any ladies are invited to come along and enjoy a pleasant afternoon. A door prize has been offered by Blumes, which will be drawn on the day. Cost is 50c which includes tea/coffee & biscuits.
- Victorian Seniors Festival, 8th – 13th October 2017 Life Activities Clubs Victoria are needing volunteers to assist for a couple of hours at stalls and events which will be held at Federation Square and The Hub in the Melbourne Town Hall. A marquee and stalls will be provided to promote LAC’s and we can hand out information about our Sandringham Club. If you would spare a little bit of time to help to promote this event, please contact Barry on 0418 339 274. A roster sheet and further information is on the notice board in the hall if you would like to check further what is needed and place your name in the time slot you prefer.
- Garage Sale Trail on Saturday 21st October & Sunday 22nd October. The Club is holding this event in the Club Hall and outside if the weather is good. Please save your pre-loved but no longer needed items for this event and help make it a success. Only small items can be handled, not pieces of large furniture. No electrical goods and other items that have safety rules applying. Your items can be dropped off at the hall on Thursday and Friday before the week end when the hall is open for activities. Any help with this event over the weekend will be greatly appreciated. Further information check with Barry on 0418 339 274.
- Cup Day Celebration, Tuesday 7th November from 1.00 pm Members and partners are invited to join in the festivities in our Club Hall which will include a Chicken and Champagne light lunch, the races on the Big Screen, Sweeps, Fashion Prizes, Games and more. A list will be placed on the notice board later for attendance names. Cost is free to members and $5.00 per non member.
- Barry’s Day Out. A Sunday Hot Roast lunch at the Golden Gate Hotel in South Melbourne has been arranged for Sunday 17th September at 12.30 pm followed by a visit to the South Melbourne Market and coffee. Perhaps a walk to the old Iron Houses close by. Please see this Sunday Roast Barry’s Day Out 2017 flyer for details. Numbers are limited to 20.
- Yoga Dance is not happening while Linda is away. The next class is on 11th October.
- Your August Newsletter is ready for collection from the tray in the entrance hall at the Club Room. Any not collected will be mailed out in a couple of weeks.
- Tai Chi is continuing each Monday morning while Eric is away. This will be a self help group with videos to help guide you along with the moves.
- The Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School invites groups and members of the public to the following free concerts. VCASS is a State Government school and a premier training institution for Year 7-12 musicians, dancers, or visual artists. Most of the concerts feature Classical repertoire and sometimes a little Jazz. The venue is the VCASS Recital Room, 57 Miles Street, Southbank (near the corner of Sturt & Miles). You may attend all or any of the following concerts on 27th July, 24th Aug, 21st Sept, 26th Oct, or 30th Nov. 2017. Concerts are from 11.50 am – 12.20 pm. There is a cafe available and open for guests until 1.30 pm.
- Deakin University’s ‘Families in Later Life Study’. Please see this flyer ( Deakin University Families in Later Life Initiative ) about this study in which members who are eligible people are invited to participate. There is a $100 incentive, so browse the information and follow up if you are interested and fit the guidelines.
- Exercise to Music Group. Please note the following dates when classes will not be held. Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 September, Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October, Tuesday 7 November. Then last class for the year is Tuesday 19 December.
- To help you in your practice of Tai Chi please follow this link to our Tai Chi page which has session times and helpful links: http://life.org.au/events/event/tai-chi/.
Please contact us:
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI