Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & Crazy Whist & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- Book Group will meet on Friday 11th August from 1.30 – 3.00 pm. All members welcome – ladies and gents. The group discuss books they have read with each other. Enquiries to Faye on 9592 8650 or just come along.
- The Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School invites groups and members of the public to the following free concerts. VCASS is a State Government school and a premier training institution for Year 7-12 musicians, dancers, or visual artists. Most of the concerts feature Classical repertoire and sometimes a little Jazz. The venue is the VCASS Recital Room, 57 Miles Street, Southbank (near the corner of Sturt & Miles). You may attend all or any of the following concerts on 27th July, 24th Aug, 21st Sept, 26th Oct, or 30th Nov. 2017. Concerts are from 11.50 am – 12.20 pm. There is a cafe available and open for guests until 1.30 pm.
- Deakin University’s ‘Families in Later Life Study’. Please see this flyer ( Deakin University Families in Later Life Initiative ) about this study in which members who are eligible people are invited to participate. There is a $100 incentive, so browse the information and follow up if you are interested and fit the guidelines.
- Exercise to Music Group. Please note the following dates when classes will not be held. Monday 25 and Tuesday 26 September, Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October, Tuesday 7 November. Then last class for the year is Tuesday 19 December.
- To help you in your practice of Tai Chi please follow this link to our Tai Chi page which has session times and helpful links: http://life.org.au/events/event/tai-chi/.
Please contact us:
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI