Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- Walking Basketball pilot program finished last Wednesday but Basketball Victoria have spoken with Sandringham Basketball Association and will continue to run the program for a few more weeks. They will then start up again in the new year. Please find the dates below for the remainder of the year at 11.30 am – 12.30 pm:
– Wednesday November 22nd
– Wednesday November 29th
– Wednesday December 6th (possible survey day with VU)
– Wednesday December 13th
If you have time give Barry a ring to let him know you’ll be along on 0418 339 274.
- The Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School invites groups and members of the public to the following free concerts. VCASS is a State Government school and a premier training institution for Year 7-12 musicians, dancers, or visual artists. Most of the concerts feature Classical repertoire and sometimes a little Jazz. The venue is the VCASS Recital Room, 57 Miles Street, Southbank (near the corner of Sturt & Miles). You may attend all or any of the following concerts on 27th July, 24th Aug, 21st Sept, 26th Oct, or 30th Nov. 2017. Concerts are from 11.50 am – 12.20 pm. There is a cafe available and open for guests until 1.30 pm.
- To help you in your practice of Tai Chi please follow this link to our Tai Chi page which has session times and helpful links: http://life.org.au/events/event/tai-chi/.
Please contact us:
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI