Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
😀 Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- WANTED! A player for the eastern mahjong table which plays from 10am to 12.30 on alternate Thursdays. Elley and Eric are wonderful teachers so it won’t matter whether you have been playing western mahjong or are completely new to the game – you will soon pick up this relaxed, fun and flexible game. Our next 3 games are June 7th, June 21st and July 5th. Come and try it!! Please phone Susan on 0400 828 652 if you have any questions or to express your interest.
- Food or Lunch in the Hall. Just a reminder! You are welcome to have snacks or lunch in between activities but please make sure you only eat food and have hot drinks in the kitchen. No food or hot drinks in the hall please. Also, don’t forget to wash up and clean up after yourself and leave the kitchen at least as clean as you found it. Thanks a lot.
- Activity Ideas. Some new activities have been suggested such as: 1. A Travel Group, 2. Theatre Group, 3. Film Group or 4. Canasta. If you have an interest in joining or helping convene any of these groups or have suggestions for other activities, please speak to Barry on 0418 339 274 or Maree on email: email@example.com
- Indoor Carpet Bowls, Monday 7th May at 3.30 pm. This is played on the First Monday of the month. A great game for the cooler weather. Beginners or experienced players welcome. Contact Dieter on 9598 5158.
Please contact us:
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI