Welcome to the website of Sandringham Life Activities Club
Are you in the second half of your life, young at heart and keen to meet friendly, like-minded people to join in social or other activities at times that suit you?
Sandringham Life Activities Club (SLAC) is affiliated with Life Activities Clubs Victoria Inc which encourages and provides opportunities for men and women, particularly those in or heading
towards retirement, to keep physically and mentally active while enjoying the company of others. SLAC members may join in as many activity groups as they wish and the Club welcomes new
members. For a small annual fee, SLAC provides activities such as:
- Walking near and afar
- Table Tennis
- Exercise Classes
- Yoga Dance
- Dine Outs at local restaurants
- Book Club with a Difference
- Cards – Solo & 500
- Monthly Morning Tea
- Christmas Function
- Tai Chi
- Day Outings
- BBQs and more
Guests may participate in an activity or club function up to 3 times before joining. Most activities take place in the Sandringham Seniors’ Hall, 18 Abbott Street (Cnr Waltham Street), Sandringham.
HOW TO USE THIS SITE
Select from the activity category list on the left hand side menu to see an expanded list of our activities. To see details of Sandringham Activities left click on for example “Exercise, Fitness & Sport” then select “Table Tennis”, to see that activity. Alternatively, see the Sandringham LAC Calendar, Downloads or Photos sections on the left hand side menu for Activities, Newsletters, Activity lists and Photos etc. Enjoy!
😀 Please check with the convener for times as they may vary from time to time especially over the holiday period.
- Carpet Bowls, Monday 12th February at 3.30 pm – 5.30 pm. We have the set of carpet bowls and will start playing on Monday 12th February at 3.30 pm – 5.30 pm in the Sandringham Seniors Community Hall. Initially, this will be a trial for a few weeks to see how many members are interested in this game of skill and fun. Barry will be there to welcome you and if you have any queries you can contact him on 0418 339 274. This event will be advertised in the next newsletter.
- Food or Lunch in the Hall. Just a reminder! You are welcome to have snacks or lunch in between activities but please make sure you only eat food and have hot drinks in the kitchen. No food or hot drinks in the hall please. Also, don’t forget to wash up and clean up after yourself and leave the kitchen at least as clean as you found it. Thanks a lot.
- Eastern Mah Jong, Tuesdays 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm, Eastern Mah Jong is moving to a new time slot starting Tuesday 16th January. This will be a more convenient time for a number of players and new players are welcome and encouraged to join in this enjoyable game in the Sandringham Seniors Community Hall. Julie has offered to act as the contact person initially. Please phone her on 9598 5158 if you have any queries or just come along. Western Mah Jong will continue to be held on Thursday mornings.
- Merry Melodies Productions and St Andrews Brighton hold a wonderful afternoon of music on the 2nd Tuesday of each month and we are all invited to attend. The cost is $5.00 and includes afternoon tea which is served at a 30 minute intermission. The musicians include a pianist, guitarist, bass player and drummer. Guest artists also perform a mixture of varied and popular music and tap dancing is often included. There is community singing if you wish to join in and song sheets are handed out. This is a great opportunity to attend an inexpensive, enjoyable event with not too far to travel. The train station is close by and bus routes 216, 600 and 923 stop directly outside St Andrews which is on the corner of Church Street and New Streets, Brighton. The concert is held in the Pioneer Chapel and you enter from New Street car park. No need to book – just go along.
- Social Night with Music & Dance. Will be on Wednesday 7th February and then Wednesday 7th March at 7.00 pm.
- To help you in your practice of Tai Chi please follow this link to our Tai Chi page which has session times and helpful links: http://life.org.au/events/event/tai-chi/.
Please contact us:
PO box 137
Ph: 9598 1392
SOME PHOTOS FROM OUR ACTIVITIES
For more photos see our Photo Gallery on the left hand side menu.
Not yet a Club Member?Enquire Today
Sandringham Life Activities Club Inc – Registration No. A0030709U – a member of LACVI