These are Croydon Club’s current activities. For more details please click on the listed activity name.
- Social Golf – on Thursday mornings at Dorset Golf Course
- Golf Get-aways – twice a year to country golf course and tourist areas
- Petanque – bowls French style monthly depending on the weather
- Cycling – every Wednesday (weather permitting!)
- Social walking – monthly no-pressure walks in various parklands
- Weekend dine-out – at selected venues, monthly for a Sunday lunch
- Morning Coffee at Wyreena – monthly: for existing and prospective members to just drop in
- Out and about – frequent outings to places of interest
- Community Activity – enables members to volunteer in selected projects
- Social dancing – weekly, for members to have fun learning or brushing up their dancing skills.
- Monthly Club Night – Sometimes a speaker, sometimes a social/games event. Plus a general meeting of members. Visitors always welcome.
- Rummeking – monthly in a member’s home
- Scrabble – once a month in a member’s home
- Pool – once a month in a member’s home
- Snooker – once a month in a member’s home
- Cards – 500 – a cards evening twice a month (in Croydon’s Glenn Frost room)
- Cards – Crazy Whist – a cards afternoon once a month (in the Glenn Frost room)
- Mah Jong – once a month in the Glenn Frost room behind Croydon library.
- Armchair travel – once a month in a member’s home
- Music appreciation – a monthly get-together in members’ homes
- Morning melodies – monthly, at the Dorset Gardens Hotel
- Karralyka theatre – monthly Morning Music performances
- Book exchange – pre-loved books for members to borrow, keep or recycle
- Men’s lunch group – every two months – blokes’ time at the Kilsyth Club
- Annual dinner dance – on the first Thursday of December
- Annual picnic – in January at selected locations
Those activities that occur regularly on a specific day of the week or month are also listed as scheduled events in the categorised Events menu; and all are listed in our latest newsletter with their planned dates.
At any time, please contact us to ask about any of them.
Note that some activities are close to capacity; so new members need to be aware that there may be a wait list, or another group started with a different venue, day and time frame – therefore enquiries to the particular convenor would be wise.