BBLAC Guest Speaker Programme
Our Guest Speaker Program was developed in 2015 and, in order to try and make it both suitable and informative for our members, we adopted the following formula:
It would be a program that would suit all members as regards time of day, one which kept away from health, wealth or political matters; would allow time for questions and answers and would be held quarterly.
The Guest Speaker Program is conducted each 3 or 4 months depending on the availability of a suitable speaker, noting that we do not go down the path of Health and Wealth topics. Our objective is to try and obtain speakers that we believe our members will find both interesting and informative.
- On that note our first speaker for 2018 and of great interest, will be Mary Murphy, Honorary Archivist at Her Majesty’s Theatre, Melbourne, for over 30 years.
Location: Senior Citizens Club,
14 Service St., Hampton, commencing 10am and concluding at 12 noon.
Generally, the program consists of the speaker presenting for 45 minutes plus question time of around 25 minutes. The remainder of time is for refreshments; coffee, tea and biscuits and the opportunity to socialise with the speaker and the other attendees. All this, for a $2 donation, as a contribution towards costs.
How do you get involved?
Ring the Convenor David Jones 0412 25 or Co-convenor Sylvia Dowell 0425 787 509 or email email@example.com
We would appreciate it if you could book early as it does help in the planning and co-ordination of the day.
We look forward to seeing you at our next program; please check the club calendar or global emails for details.
To date, our members have been fortunate to hear the following:
- A representative from Without Peer-Art gallery, who told about how he set up his gallery after retiring from the banking industry and in particular the work that he is doing with Aboriginal artists.
- An undercover agent, who spoke about the world wide drug scene and how it is managed, as regards the distribution process and the money that is involved.
- John Deeks, a well known radio and TV personality.
- A representative from The Law Society-who spoke about current sentencing laws in Victoria.
- A local motor bike enthusiast, who told us about his adventures riding his motor bike in numerous locations around the world.
- A representative from the Royal Flying Doctor Service, who spoke about its history and where the service is at today.
- A member of the Armed Crime Squad, who spoke about a number of cases that have occurred in Victoria over the years.
It’s been a very diverse and interesting group of speakers that our members have had the opportunity to hear and to also to ask questions about the various topics.
Light refreshments of tea, coffee and biscuits are provided at conclusion of the formalities for a small donation of $2.
If you haven’t been to one of these talks before, please join us and enjoy a very interesting and informative session.
Convenor: David Jones 0412 259 905 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-convenor: Sylvia Dowell 0425 787 509