Life Activities Clubs Victoria are again Program Partners in the Victorian Seniors Festival
Celebration Day at Fed Square Sunday 2 October 2016
Visit LACVI Lounge at Federation Square anytime throughout the day and pick up information about the activities our Clubs offer, talk with some of their members. If you can’t make it on Celebration Day visit us in the Festival Hub in the Melbourne Town Hall, Swanston Street Monday 3 to Friday 7 October to pick up a bag of information.
And try out one of the events below – they’re free and fun. Both events are sponsored by City of Melbourne and Henry Carus + Associates and supported by Victorian Government.
Victorian Seniors Festival ‘Yarra Ride’ FREE
- Sunday 2 October 10.30am – 12.30pm
- Join Life Activities Clubs Victoria and Life Cycle 55 for a FREE bike ride, celebrating the 2016 Victorian Seniors’ Festival.
- This is an easy ride on bike path upstream along the Yarra taking in part of the beautiful Capital City Trail. Bring a friend, bring the family.
- Start and finish at the Life Cycling marquee near, River Terrace, Federation Square (near Zinc)
- Ride length 8 km turning point café Kanteen or take an extra few km to MacRobertson Bridge
- Stop for coffee at the halfway point if you wish at café canteen
- Free health check provided by Baker IDI at the end of the ride
- Book essential. Once registered you will go into a draw to win one of a few prizes.
- Cost FREE
- To register go to www.lifecycle55.com.au/adventure You can also register your interest here to receive more information about a Life Activities Club near you.
Discover Melbourne’s Laneways with LACVI FREE
- Sunday 2 October 2016 11.00am – 12.30pm
- Join Life Activities Clubs Victoria to try out a bit of easy street orienteering and explore Melbourne’s Laneways.
- You’ll get a map and a set of clues.
- Find the answers to as many clues as you can to maximise your score and be back by 12.30pm
- participants must be in teams of 2 to 4 people. Do not walk alone. If you don’t have a team you can join a group on the day
- We expect participants to stick with the spirit of the game – use of such things as mobile phones, computers, GPS maps, Melways, etc to get the answers is simply not ‘cricket.
- You have to be back by 12.30pm so you may have to skip some clues to be back by the finish time.
- It’s a chance to win some prizes and importantly have great fun while getting to know some of Melbourne many laneways
- You will need to register/sign in your group on the day, but you can preregister you interest online here prior to the day to go in a draw for one of a few prizes.
Are you in the second half of life?
Opportunities abound throughout October as Life Activities Clubs throw open their doors. Clubs are open to men, women, singles and couples – so come and see what’s on offer. Check out your local clubs – you could soon be choosing from a great range of activities.
Download a list of festival Club activities HERE or use our Search Tool to find something you want to do or you can simply contact a club near you to see what they have to offer
Receive a $10 discount if you join a Life Activities Club as a new full member in October 2016.